Adventures of Audrey

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Little Things

I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward.
Mark 9:41

Then the King will say to those on his right, "Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
Matthew 25:34-40

I was having a bit of a frustrating day today. I was thinking about some circumstances in my life that weren't going as I had planned. This kind of put me in a bad mood, I knew there was nothing I could do to change these circumstances but I could choose my attitude towards them. This afternoon I chose to have a bad attitude towards them, but it only took one little thing to start to turn it around. While I was sulking at work one woman that I was working with went and got herself a sucker and she brought me one too. Maybe she noticed my mood but I'm not sure... that doesn't matter, she brought me a sucker. This little act of kindness made me smile and see how selfish I was being. It helped me to feel noticed and cared for. It made think of these verses. I think sometimes we think that in order to make a difference we need to do something big, something that no one else could do. In midst of trying to find something big to do, we neglect the little things. I think sometimes we underestimate how much of a difference we can make by doing something as simple a giving a smile, bringing someone water, or giving a compliment. Sometimes maybe even the little things like this can make a bigger difference than the "big" things. So lets all spread God's love and not forget to do the little things to show love to others.
Audrey

1 Comments:

Blogger Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

I feel the same way, but often forget to do those little things!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home